Monday, 16th May 2022
11.00 am – 12:00 noon
In this #BrunchBriefing with Segun, his aim is to introduce finance in a fun and friendly way, by giving you an oversight of what good financial management looks like and helping you appreciate how finance can help strengthen your organisation.
Guest Speaker: Segun Olowookere
In this #BrunchBriefing you will learn:
- Finances and linking your organisation’s mission and impact
- The finance cycle
- The basics and minimum requirements
- The long term finance goal(s)
Segun is a qualified management accountant and currently works for the youth charity Restless Development as their Finance Director. Previously he worked for Comic Relief as a Senior Finance Business Partner working closely with the grants team.
Segun’s passionate about helping to make finance fun and easy to understand. He spent over 5 years working for Humentum as a financial management specialist training over a thousand NGO professionals in good practice financial management, strategic financial management and grant management.
Outside of his professional work, Segun is also a social entrepreneur and mentor. Passionate about inspiring young people, he is the author of a motivational book called, You Might As Well.
This is FREE to individuals from small and BAMER (Black, Asian, Multi-Ethnic and Refugee) organisations and run in collaboration with Race on the Agenda (ROTA) and Black Fundraisers UK (BF-UK).
A Money4NONPROFITS Event
Things to note
For security reasons:
- Registration is required, after which the Zoom call details will be sent to the email you register with.
- If you have registered and cannot attend, please let us know by replying to your confirmation email. Non-attendance without notifying us may result in a £20 invoice being sent to you or a ban from attending future events.