17th September 2021
(Friday) 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm
A Money4NONPROFITS Event
In 2021, our Funders’ Den will again be held in cyberspace. Up to six Black, Asian, multi-ethnic and refugee (BAMER) led charities and social enterprises will have the opportunity to pitch to Grant Makers, for a chance to win up to £5,000 each.
At the event will be representatives from leading Trusts and Foundations including BBC Children in Need, CommUNITY Barnet, The National Heritage Lottery Community Fund, Matrix Causes, Prism The Gift Fund, Trust for London, Tudor Trust.
Applications to pitch at the Dragons’ Den are now closed.
If you did not manage to submit an application to pitch, we will have exclusive raffle prizes, so you could still be a winner!
More than that, everyone that attend this year’s Dragons Den event will be inspired by inspirational talks given by a line up of thought leaders in the BAMER philanthropy space. You will also leave with the practical knowledge and confidence to secure funding in the future as well as get to network with local, national and international Grantmakers.
- Welcome and Introductions
- Funders Top Tips
- Networking with Grantmakers
- Pitch to Win!
- Audience voting / Funders deliberate
- Keynote Addresses
- Raffle Winners Announced
- AVOCADO+ Class of 2021 Graduation
- BAMER HUB update
- Update from 2020 Pitch Winners
- Pitch Winners Revealed
- Networking & End
Things to note:
The AVOCADO+ Accelerator Programme is funded by the City Bridge Trust. It serves the most disadvantaged people in our society and equips them to move to the next stage in their development, giving them the tools, they need to survive and thrive.
Spaces are very limited so book now!
Money4YOU’s Dragons’ Den – Terms and Conditions
- How to enter
- Applications must be made using the form provided (https://go.money4you.org/dd21paweb) and before 11:59 pm on 31st August 2021. Applications not made in this way may not be considered.
- Money4YOU reserves the right to grant special permission for an alternative pitch application method on a case-by-case basis.
- Eligibility for entry
- Open to Black, Asian & Multi-Ethnic, Refugee (BAMER)-led organisations (50% of your organisation must identify as BAMER), and are BAMER HUB Full Members on BAMERHUB.COM
- The entering organisation must be a UK registered nonprofit and have at least three committee or board members.
- The entering organisation must be able to supply a valid Charity Commission or Companies House registration number, and its governing documents.
- Must have a valid booking for the 2021 Dragons Den event.
- Must have attended the AVOCADO+ Accelerator Programme and be willing to attend from October 2021.
- Choosing a winner
- Money4YOU will shortlist up to five organisations to go through to the final round.
- If selected for the final round, organisations will be expected to
- Submit a pre-recorded video by 23:59 on 12th September 2021 no longer than 300 seconds in length.
- Present their pitch live at the Dragons’ Den event on 17th September 2021
- Money4YOU reserves the right to deny the grant to the winning organisation should they not meet the entry criteria or if Money4YOU has concern over the conduct of the organisation.
- The prize
- The prize is a cash grant to be finalised at the Dragons’ Den event on 17th September 2021
- Money4YOU reserves the right to change or withdraw this prize without notice.
- Further conditions may be placed on the prize following the receipt and review of the entering organisation’s application.
- Winners will be required to submit a half year report and a video detailing the difference the grant has made
- Limitation of liability
- Insofar as is permitted by law, Money4YOU, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of Money4YOU, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- Data protection and publicity
- By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by Money4YOU or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
We are accepting sponsorship for this event. Why not join us as a gold or silver or sponsor. The event will be attended by key influencers, Grantmakers, corporate organisations and senior charity representatives. Your presence and support would help support the diverse range of BAMER organisations who contribute to the prosperity and wellbeing of the most vulnerable and marginalised members of our society.