Friday, 2nd December, 2pm – 4pm
In Person (Central London)
Friday, 2nd of December 2022
Join us this month from 2 pm to 4 pm to learn about Choosing the Right Legal Structure & Creating Partnerships that Work!
What we will cover
- Legal structures – Learn the different types of legal structures
- Find out the right one for your non-profit
- Understand the rules of trading for charities
- Create partnerships that work!
Guest Speaker/s: Carol Akiwumi, MBE and Kemar Walford
Carol Akiwumi, MBE
Carol is the founder and CEO of Money4YOU. Her expertise includes creating bespoke strategies, programmes and tools for capacity building and resource mobilisation, as well as developing high-level partnerships with major donors, community groups and business leaders, on four continents.
Carol is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals USA and a Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Fundraising (CIoF). From 2011 to 2021, she held various roles with the CIoF including Chair of Black Fundraisers UK, Vice Chair of the Board of Trustees and Chair of its Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Committee. In 2021, she was awarded an MBE, for services to Financial Education during Covid-19.
Kemar is an experience Fundraising Consultant with a demonstrated history of working in the fundraising industry. He is skilled in Non-profit Organizations, Social Enterprise, Business Planning, Partnerships, and Coaching. Kemar is one of AVOCADO+ Consultants, he specialised in the development and delivery of capacity-building support for BAME-Led charities, social enterprises and community groups. He provides one-to-one support, advice and guidance on a range of issues from business planning to secure funding and everything in between.
This is FREE to those on the AVOCADO+ Accelerator Programme and subsidised for everyone from small and BAMER (black, Asian, multi-ethnic and refugee) organisations.
We know that you are facing numerous unique challenges; often it takes many years to gain momentum and build capacity in spite of the great need that you are meeting.
But rest assured you are not alone and we are here to help!
A Money4NONPROFITS Event
- Welcome and introductions
- Round up of important info for BAMER groups
- Challenges and Wins
- Guest speaker(s) presentation
Things to note:
For security reasons:
- Registration is required.
- The Zoom call details will be sent to the email you registered with for online tickets.
- The exact location of the event will be sent to the email you registered with for the in-person tickets.
- Meeting notes and recordings are only sent to attendees.