Friday, 8th December, 1.30 pm – 4 pm
Friday, 8th of December 2023
Join us this month from 1 pm to 4 pm to learn about Legal Structures, Getting it Right!
Not sure what legal structure your organisation should be?
Are you registered as a CIC, but not sure what this means and if it was the right decision.
Thinking about charities, but not sure if they can trade or whether you will lose control?
Worried about board responsibilities? This is the session for you!
In this introduction to legal structures, Louise Garner will help you to,
- understand the basics of legal structures and what not-for-profit really means,
- think about what legal structure might be best for your project,
- understand what trading charities are allowed to do, and
- think about board responsibilities.
Guest Speaker/s: Louise Garner
Louise Garner is Head of Grants at the School for Social Entrepreneurs and runs a consultancy supporting charities and social enterprises to get the right legal structure. She has over 30 years of experience in supporting charities and social enterprises and has qualifications in charity governance, finance and company law. She has run training on legal structures for social enterprises and charities for the last 10 years.
This is FREE to those on the AVOCADO+ Accelerator Programme and subsidised for everyone from small and BAMER (black, Asian, multi-ethnic and refugee) organisations.
We know that you are facing numerous unique challenges; often it takes many years to gain momentum and build capacity in spite of the great need that you are meeting.
But rest assured you are not alone and we are here to help!
A Money4NONPROFITS Event
- Welcome and introductions
- Round up of important info for BAMER groups
- Challenges and Wins
- Guest speaker(s) presentation
Things to note:
For security reasons:
- Registration is required.
- The Zoom call details will be sent to the email you registered with for online tickets.
- The exact location of the event will be sent to the email you registered with for the in-person tickets.
- Meeting notes and recordings are only sent to attendees.